The first person who came up with the idea that a home could be built using 3D printing probably was long before 2014. In the last 4 years, a lot of 3D printed concrete homes have been built. Some with great success and others not so great. Software and hardware is in its infancy stage but as you can see by the latest news, its time to start building homes.
The beginning of 2018, things really ramped up to the point it has turned into a gold rush based on the idea that one could build a house in a day and under $10,000.00. Major news networks are running stories and videos are going viral over 3D printed concrete homes.
The saying that Rome wasn’t built in a day just might be a thing of the past. One company claims they built ten 3D concrete homes in less than 24 hours.
What makes 3D concrete homes so appealing? After reading enough hype on the internet, we came up with the top 10 reason why this new industry is about to boom!
Here they are:
- The green or low footprint community are thrilled at the idea that most aspects of this new 3D printed homes are environmentally friendly.
- Humanitarian organizations are looking at building houses for millions of homeless worldwide.
- The tiny house community or the especially simple minded are reading to take vacancy.
- Builders can turn a project over in less than a week.
- Caveman dwellers can throw up something in the backyard.
- Kids castles or artistic structure can be created.
- Home additions can be added in no time.
- Commercial buildings can be built and they are not limited to how many stories/levels.
- Printed spas or 3D printed pools can be artistic and elaborate and built in 3 hours.
- Statues, walls or… the imagination is endless.
– 3D Concrete Homes